Here's how to test drive Acquia Demo Framework, starting from the AWS Drupal Test Drive page.
Acquia Demo Framework is a starter kit for showcasing Acquia’s enterprise-ready Drupal
solutions for different use cases and business scenarios. Demo Framework can be used by systems integrators, resellers, development shops, and agencies to highlight the value of Drupal and Acquia to their customers.
- Enter a Site name to identify your website.
- Select your Geographic region.
- Enter your contact information and create a password.
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- Click Create site. A progress wheel will appear.
- A new Create Site page will load.
- Acquia will provision and install your website, and update your code. This will take a few minutes. You can use this time to watch the video tutorials.
- After Acquia has set up your Acquia Cloud website, you will be given two options on the left side of the page: Set up my site (Go to my new distribution) or Manage my code (Go to the workflow page). Click the orange Set up my site button.
- You will be taken to a new page titled Installing Demo Framework. This is the Drupal install page. Drupal verifies requirements, sets up a database, and installs a profile. A progress bar shows the status of the installation. This may take a few minutes.
Configuring your Acquia Demo Framework site
After the installation completes, you can configure your Acquia Demo Framework website.
- Under Enable a Scenario, select the WEM demo, a Web Experience Management scenario with users, content, pages, products, blocks and taxonomy terms.
- Provide a Site name and Site email address. Automated e-mails, such as registration information, will be sent from this address. Use an address ending in your website's domain to help prevent these emails from being flagged as spam.
- Create a Site Maintenance Account. This is the user name, email address, and password for the primary user of the website.
- Optionally, select your desired Server Settings and Update Notifications.
- Click Save and continue.
Your Acquia Demo Framework installation is complete. The demo website opens and you can begin to explore its many features. Click the Menu button in the upper left corner to begin configuring the website for Content, Structure, and Appearance.
You will be taken to your new Drupal website. Instructions are provided to help you get started with development.