The Backup and Migrate module is not currently supported on Acquia Cloud for several reasons:
- The module has a negative impact on the Gluster filesystem.
- The module can cause performance issues as it hits the active database (rather than the passive).
- Structural issues can occur in the database when only certain tables (rather than the entire database) are copied across. Backup and Migrate allows you to choose a subset of your database tables.
Acquia suggests that you use one of the following alternate methods instead of the Backup and Migrate module:
- Use the Workflow UI
In Acquia Cloud interface, go to Cloud > Databases, and then click Backup for one or more environments.
- This method avoids the performance issue by using the passive database.
- This method ensures database integrity by copying the entire database rather than certain tables or rows.
- Use rsync for files and backups