Acquia Cloud Enterprise (upon which Acquia Cloud Site Factory is built) is a fully managed, high-availability, scalable, clustered platform built for the most complex Drupal websites with the highest performance and uptime requirements. As a customer of Acquia Cloud Site Factory, you have access to many of the features and abilities of Acquia Cloud Enterprise, including the following items:
Supported and included features
- Acquia Cloud Edge Protect - Secures your website with protection against distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks, a Web Application Firewall (WAF), and high-speed DNS. Acquia Cloud Edge Protect examines web traffic looking for suspicious activity.
Contact your Acquia technical account manager for additional information if you want to use this service.
- Acquia Cloud Edge CDN - A globally load balanced content delivery network (CDN) so that visitors interact with your site at the fastest possible speeds, no matter where on the globe they are located. Contact your Acquia technical account manager for additional information if you want to use this service.
- Acquia Cloud Shield - A dedicated, logically isolated section of Acquia Cloud Enterprise that adds more network-level security and capabilities to the stack. Acquia Cloud Shield is available as an additional service.
- Acquia Search - A plug-and-play search service for your websites that lets you deliver great search functionality in minutes. Contact your Acquia sales representative for additional information if you want to use this service.
- Varnish - Installed in front of all Acquia Cloud Enterprise load balancing servers, Varnish increases website performance by caching anonymous user connections and then serving them from memory instead of making requests directly to the web server.
Acquia Cloud Site Factory infrastructure diagram
For your reference, the following diagram describes the infrastructure used for the Acquia Cloud Site Factory application, and how its components interact with one another:
For information about Acquia Cloud Enterprise, including detailed diagrams regarding the Acquia Cloud
platform's specific components, see Acquia Cloud architecture and key concepts.
Non-supported features and differences
- Use the Site Factory API to create and manage your hosted websites and to obtain the status of your Site Factory Management Console's jobs, instead of the Cloud API.
- Use the Site Factory Management Console to test and deploy changes to your websites instead of using the workflow in the Acquia Cloud interface.