After installing Acquia Dev Desktop, when you launch the application for the first time, select from the following three choices for adding your first website:
- Start from scratch, I don't have an existing Drupal site
Select this option to create a new website based on one of a variety of popular Drupal distributions.
- Start with an existing Drupal site located on my computer
Select this option either if you already have a Drupal website that you have been working on locally, or in the following cases:
- If you want to start with a Drupal distribution that isn't included with Acquia Dev Desktop, you need to first download the Drupal distribution to your computer.
- If you have an existing Drupal website that's hosted elsewhere than on Acquia Cloud, you need to first export your Drupal website to your computer.
- Start with an existing Drupal website hosted on Acquia Cloud
Select this option if you already have a Drupal website hosted on Acquia Cloud that you want to work on locally using Acquia Dev Desktop.