Each Acquia Cloud Site Factory website has an authenticated user account that is listed as its site owner. By default, the site owner is the account that created the website. A website's site owner account (whose functionality is independent of the roles available in Acquia Cloud Site Factory) can perform several website actions, including deleting the website.
Site owners can also view all of the websites that they own on the All my sites page in the management interface, even if some or all of the websites are in groups of which they are not a member.
Transferring site ownership
To change the site owner account for a single website, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to Acquia Cloud Site Factory, find the website for which you want to transfer ownership, and then open its actions menu.
- Click Transfer site ownership.
- In the Username or e-mail field, enter the username or email address for the Acquia Cloud Site Factory account to which you want to transfer site ownership.
- Click Transfer site.
Acquia Cloud Site Factory sends confirmation emails to the existing and new site owners. After each person confirms the change, the website is associated with the new owner account.
Restricting website ownership
Because website creators are made the site owners by default, this could provide them greater authority than you may want. To avoid this, you can configure Acquia Cloud Site Factory to have websites that are created by users not in the Platform admin role to instead have a specified Platform admin user to become their site owner.
To restrict website ownership of newly created websites to a Platform admin, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Site Factory Management Console with the Platform admin role.
- In the admin menu, click Administration, and then, under Site Factory management, click Site ownership settings.
- In the Site owner account field, enter the Site Factory user name (email address) for a user with the Platform admin role:
- Click Save.
Newly-created websites created by any user who does not have the Platform admin role will have the user you specified in the Site owner account field designated as the site owner. The site creator in this case will not have any role with the new website by default; if they have the Platform admin or Site builder role, you can automatically assign them a role for the website using the Centralized role management feature.
To disable this feature, clear the Site owner account field, and then click Save. If no user is listed in the Site owner account field, any user who creates a website will be its site owner.