As an optional security measure, you can configure an application so that only specified IP addresses on a whitelist can access it in the Acquia Cloud interface.
By default, users who have access to an application, by being a member of a team assigned to an application, can sign in to the Acquia Cloud interface and access the application from any IP address. Their access is controlled using a user name and password, the roles and permissions assigned to them, and optionally, two-step verification. For an additional layer of security, you can prohibit users from signing in to the the Acquia Cloud interface unless they do so from one of the IP addresses you specify. This feature is called IP address whitelisting. Note that IP address whitelisting affects only access to the Acquia Cloud interface; it does not affect normal access to a website.
Enabling IP address whitelisting
Only users who have the Owner or Administrator role for an application's organization can enable or disable IP address whitelisting for an application. To enable IP address whitelisting:
- Sign in to the Acquia Cloud interface with the Owner or Administrator role and select the application you want to work with.
- In the menu on the left side, click Security.
- On the Security page, click Edit to open the Edit security settings page.
- Under IP restrictions, select Only allow whitelisted IPs.
- Enter an IP address that you want to allow to access your application through the Acquia Cloud interface. Click Add another to add additional IP addresses.
- Click Save.
If you need to whitelist Acquia’s IP addresses for your websites or services, contact Acquia Support to obtain the necessary IP address ranges.