One method of importing an existing Drupal application to Acquia Cloud is to use the Acquia Connector. This is a simple method, but works best for applications that are under 1 GB in size.
Before you begin
- Prepare your application before you export it from your current environment.
- Ensure that the Acquia Connector Drupal module is installed and enabled in your existing Drupal application.
- The Acquia Connector migration process does not support multisite installations. Select a different method to upload a multisite application to Acquia Cloud.
- The Acquia Connector will not migrate an application into an environment that has a tag deployed on it. If you have a tag deployed on your Development environment and want to overwrite it with a migrated application, go to the Development environment's page in the Acquia Cloud interface, click the code selector button, and switch the deployed code to the master or another branch. For more information, see Working with code: Deploying code.
- If you do not want to overwrite the contents of any of your current applications with an imported application, you can create a new application in your Acquia Cloud subscription.
Importing your application
To migrate your application to Acquia Cloud using the Acquia Connector:
- Sign in to your Drupal application as an administrator.
- Open the Acquia settings page, where
[server_URL]is your application's URL.
- Drupal 8.x - Go to
- Drupal 7.x - Go to
- Drupal 8.x - Go to
- In the Acquia Cloud Migrate section, click Migrate.
- To start the import process, click Migrate again. Acquia Cloud begins to import your application into your Acquia Cloud Development environment.
Importing an application takes a few minutes (or more, if the application is large). The Acquia Cloud interface reports when the import task is complete. When the import task is done, move on to the next step.
- To ensure that Acquia Cloud imported your application correctly, sign in to the Acquia Cloud interface, go to the Development environment page, and then click the URL link.
After Acquia Cloud imports your codebase, files and database, it adds the
include statement to the application's
settings.php file so that your code can access the correct database.
To start developing your application on Acquia Cloud, check out a local copy of the repository using Git or Subversion (SVN).