Here's how to test drive DKAN, starting from the AWS Drupal Test Drive page. DKAN is a Drupal-based open data platform with a full suite of cataloging, publishing and visualization features that allows governments, nonprofits, and universities to easily publish data to the public.
Start by clicking the Try it now free button on the AWS Drupal Test Drive page.You will be asked to create a new subscription:
- Enter a Site name to identify your website.
- Select your Geographic region.
- Enter your contact information and create a password.
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- Click Create site. A progress wheel will appear.
- A new Create Site page will load.
- Acquia will provision and install your website, and update your code. This will take a few minutes. You can use this time to watch the video tutorials.
- After Acquia has set up your Acquia Cloud website, you will be given two options on the left side of the page: Set up my site (Go to my new distribution) or Manage my code (Go to the workflow page). Click the orange Set up my site button.
- You will be taken to a new page titled Installing DKAN. This is the Drupal install page. Under Choose language, leave English selected and click Save and continue. Drupal verifies requirements, sets up a database, and installs a profile. A progress bar shows the status of the installation. This may take a few minutes.
Configuring your DKAN site
After the installation completes, you can configure your DKAN website.
- Provide a Site name and Site email address. Automated e-mails, such as registration information, will be sent from this address. Use an address ending in your website's domain to help prevent these emails from being flagged as spam.
- Create a Site Maintenance Account. This is the user name, email address, and password for the primary user of the website.
- Optionally, select your desired Server Settings and Update Notifications.
- Click Save and continue.
Your DKAN installation is complete. The DKAN website opens and you can begin to explore its features.