Here's how to test drive DKAN, starting from the AWS Drupal Test Drive page. DKAN is a Drupal-based open data platform with a full suite of cataloging, publishing and visualization features that allows governments, nonprofits, and universities to easily publish data to the public.
- Enter a Site name to identify your website.
- Select your Geographic region.
- Enter your contact information and create a password.
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- Click Create site. A progress wheel will appear.
- A new Create Site page will load.
- Acquia will provision and install your website, and update your code. This will take a few minutes. You can use this time to watch the video tutorials.
- After Acquia has set up your Acquia Cloud website, you will be given two options on the left side of the page: Set up my site (Go to my new distribution) or Manage my code (Go to the workflow page). Click the orange Set up my site button.
- You will be taken to a new page titled Installing DKAN. This is the Drupal install page. Under Choose language, leave English selected and click Save and continue. Drupal verifies requirements, sets up a database, and installs a profile. A progress bar shows the status of the installation. This may take a few minutes.
Configuring your DKAN site
After the installation completes, you can configure your DKAN website.
- Provide a Site name and Site email address. Automated e-mails, such as registration information, will be sent from this address. Use an address ending in your website's domain to help prevent these emails from being flagged as spam.
- Create a Site Maintenance Account. This is the user name, email address, and password for the primary user of the website.
- Optionally, select your desired Server Settings and Update Notifications.
- Click Save and continue.
Your DKAN installation is complete. The DKAN website opens and you can begin to explore its features.