Using Acquia Insight
Insight inspects each of the environments that you've connected to Acquia and rates them based on their performance, security, and adherence to Acquia's identified best practices for Drupal applications. Insight displays an alert for each of the items that it examines and creates an overall rating or score for the environment based on the types of alerts it encountered.
Your Insight score is made up of two parts:
- Percentage score
Because Insight assigns different weights to each alert, the percentage and number of resolved issues don't directly relate to one another. Even if Insight reports that only one alert is unresolved, if this one alert is a priority critical alert, your Insight score can be red, and your environment's performance or security can be greatly affected.
- Color, defined as follows:
- Green - Your application is operating normally. Although you can still have critical or warning alerts for your application, the number and severity of the alerts are not enough to significantly affect your application. No immediate action is needed.
- Yellow - Your application's performance or security may be affected by the alerts reported by Insight. Schedule a time to resolve the alerts reported on the Insight page to improve your application's Insight score.
- Red - Your application is affected by at least one issue that greatly impacts the application's performance or security. Immediately resolve any reported critical alerts on the Insight page to improve your application's overall Insight score.
The Acquia Connector module sends information to Acquia Insight when your environment runs cron, and Acquia Insight updates your environment's scores and alerts every 30 minutes. Because of this, you can expect that the changes you make to your environment will be reflected in your Acquia Insight scores after 30 minutes plus your environment's cron interval.
When visiting Acquia Insight for the first time, you may not see any data. If situations where there is no data to display, Acquia Cloud will display one of the following messages:
- No data available - Your website is not connected to Acquia Insight or has not yet received any data.
- Data has not processed yet - Your website has connected, but has not yet sent any data to Acquia Insight for processing.
You can also trigger your environment to send information to Insight manually using either of the following methods:
- On your website's Admin > Reports > Status report page, in the Acquia SPI section, click manually send SPI data
- Run cron
Applying Insight feedback to your application
When Insight identifies an issue or improvement for your application, it creates an alert to inform you of the problem, which includes instructions on how to fix it. Insight categorizes alerts into the following groups:
- Best practices
You can click the View link in each category to view details about alerts.
The title of an alert message briefly describes the issue. If you click the expand arrow, you can see additional information about the issue, including how to resolve it.
Types of alert messages
Insight displays four different alerts on the Analysis page:
Critical alerts - Red
Your application is experiencing a serious condition that you should immediately address and resolve. Critical alerts have a greater effect on your overall Insight rating.
Warning alerts - Yellow or Orange
Your application is experiencing a condition that you should address and resolve when convenient. Orange warning alerts affect your application's rating more than yellow warning alerts. While warning alerts affect your application's Insight rating less than critical alerts, a high number of warning alerts can have a similar effect as a critical alert on your rating.
Resolved alerts - Green
If you resolve an issue associated with a warning or critical alert, the alert changes into a resolved alert after the next cron run.
Ignored alerts - Grey
If you click the button for any of the other alert types, the alert turns grey and moves to the bottom of its category's alert list. Ignored alerts do not affect a website's overall Insight rating. To stop ignoring an alert, click the Restore link for the alert.