Using Acquia Insight
Before you can access Acquia Insight, you have to connect your website to Acquia by installing and activating the Acquia Connector module. The Acquia Connectoris a Drupal module package that allows your websites to exchange information with Acquia.
To install the Acquia Connector, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your Drupal website as an administrator.
- Install and enable the Acquia Connector for your version of Drupal. (Drupal 8 instructions | Drupal 7 instructions)
When enabling your Acquia Connector module in your Drupal website, enable the following modules on the Extend/Modules webpage, by Drupal version:
- Drupal 8 – Acquia connector
- Drupal 7 – Acquia Agent and Acquia Site Profile Information
- Go to the Acquia Connector configuration webpage using the appropriate method, based on your installed Drupal version:
- Drupal 8 – In the admin menu, go to Configuration > Acquia Connector settings.
- Drupal 7 – In the admin menu, go to Configuration > Acquia Subscription settings.
- If the Configuration page does not indicate that you are connected to an Acquia subscription, click Get connected, and then enter your Acquia email address and password.
- Choose the subscription that you want to connect, and then click Submit.
If you are using Acquia Connector 7.x-3.x, and your website is not hosted on Acquia Cloud, you must enter a name for your website under Site identification, and then click Save settings.
Adding Acquia Search
The Acquia Connector also includes the Acquia Search integration, a fully managed SaaS search offering that integrates seamlessly with Drupal applications. Built on the enterprise-grade Apache Solr search engine, Acquia Search is hosted on Acquia Cloud, providing a fully redundant infrastructure that ensures search is a highly available feature of your website. Learn more about Acquia Search.
Your website is now connected to Acquia. You may need to run cron on your website before it appears in Acquia Insight. For more information, see When the Acquia Connector connects to Acquia. See also Using Acquia Insight to optimize your application.
Updating the Acquia Connector
To get the greatest benefit from Acquia Cloud, you should keep the Acquia Connector module up to date with the latest stable version.