To get started with Acquia Search for your website, complete the following steps:
- Download and install the Acquia Search module, as well as the other required modules on your website. For details, see Modules for Acquia Search.
- Obtain your keys and connect to your Acquia subscription. For more information about connecting to an Acquia subscription, see Acquia Connector.
- Run cron manually to have Acquia confirm your search subscription status and allow you to enable the Acquia Search module. To do this, complete the following steps:
- In the admin menu, select Reports.
- Click the Status report link.
- In the Cron maintenance tasks section, click the run cron manually link.
After cron has finished, Acquia provisions Acquia Search for your website. The provisioning process can take a few minutes to complete.
- In the admin menu, select Modules to open the Modules page.
In the Acquia Connector section, enable the Acquia Search module, and then click Save configuration. You do not need to enable any other modules at this time.
Since Acquia Search is dependent on Apache Solr, you will be asked if you want to enable the Apache Solr Search and and Apache Solr framework modules as well. Approve this request.
While Acquia provisions your website, you may see the following error message on the Status report page. To view the Status report page, in the admin menu, select Reports, and then click the Status report link.
- The Acquia Search index of your website content is built and maintained during cron runs. Depending on how much content is on your website, the initial indexing process will take some time to complete. You can set the indexing rate for your website content during each cron run on the Apache Solr search > Default Index tab, under Actions. For more information, read Indexing your website.
You and your users can search your website when your website is fully indexed. You can check the state of the index on the Apache Solr search > Default Index tab, under Search Index Content. For more information, read Search index reports.
Your site was unable to contact the Apache Solr server.
After the provisioning process is complete, this error message should disappear, and you can continue with these instructions.
After your website is fully indexed, you can take advantage of the power of Acquia Search. When visitors enter searches into the search field or on the search page at
http://example/?q=search (where example is the URL of your server) Acquia Search will provided the search results.
Updating your version of Apache Solr Search Integration
When you update the your search module to a newer version, you must register the update in the Acquia Search page of the Acquia Cloud interface. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your Acquia subscription.
- Select your application, and then click its Acquia Search link.
- In the upper right corner, click Edit.
- In the Acquia Search configuration set list, click the new version of the search module.
- Click Save.
After you have enabled Acquia Search and indexed your website, you can: