To get started with Acquia Search for your website, complete the following steps:
- Download and install the Acquia Search module, as well as the other required modules on your website. For details, see Modules for Acquia Search.
- Obtain your keys and connect to your Acquia subscription. For more information about connecting to an Acquia subscription, see Acquia Connector.
- Run cron manually to have Acquia confirm your search subscription status and allow you to enable the Acquia Search module.
- Drupal 7 - In the admin menu, select Reports, click the Status report link, and then click the run cron manually link in the Cron maintenance tasks section.
- Drupal 6 - In the admin menu, select Administer > Reports > Status report, and then click the run cron manually link in the Cron maintenance tasks section.
After cron has finished, Acquia provisions Acquia Search for your website. The provisioning process can take a few minutes to complete.
- Open the Modules page.
- Drupal 7 - In the admin menu, select Modules.
- Drupal 6 - In the admin menu, select Administer > Site building > Modules.
In the Acquia Connector section, enable the Acquia Search module, and then click Save configuration. You do not need to enable any other modules at this time.
Since Acquia Search is dependent on Apache Solr, you will be asked if you want to enable the Apache Solr Search and and Apache Solr framework modules as well. Approve this request.
While Acquia provisions your website, you may see the following error message on the Status report page. To view the Status report page, use the method based on your installed version of Drupal:
- Drupal 7 - In the admin menu, select Reports, and then click the Status report link.
- Drupal 6 - In the admin menu at Administer > Reports > Status report.
Your site was unable to contact the Apache Solr server.
After the provisioning process is complete, this error message should disappear, and you can continue with these instructions.
- Acquia Search's index of your website content is built and maintained during cron runs. Depending on how much content is on your website, the initial indexing process will take some time to complete. You can set the indexing rate for your website content during each cron run on the Apache Solr search > Default Index tab, under Actions. For more information, read Indexing your website.
You and your users can search your website when your website is fully indexed. You can check the state of the index on the Apache Solr search > Default Index tab, under Search Index Content. For more information, read Search index reports.
After your website is fully indexed, you can take advantage of the power of Acquia Search. When visitors enter searches into the search field or on the search page at
http://example/?q=search (where example is the URL of your server) Acquia Search will provided the search results.
After you have enabled Acquia Search and indexed your website, you can: