There are several Drupal modules that integrate with Acquia Search, some of which are required, some of which are recommended, and some of which are helpful for different use cases.
Installing the required modules
To use Acquia Search with your Drupal website, you need to download, install, and enable the following recommended modules based on your installed version of Drupal:
|Module||Drupal 8||Drupal 8 required version||Drupal 7|
|Acquia Connector||8.x-1.12 or greater|
|Search API||8.x-1.3 or greater|
|Search API Solr Search||8.x-1.0 or greater ( stable releases only, no 2.x support)|
|Apache Solr Search Integration|
- Drupal 8
Before you attempt to install the Drupal modules needed to use Acquia Search, be sure that you meet the following requirements:
- Use only the previously specified module versions for Drupal 8 websites. Other module combinations have not been tested, and may not work as intended.
- Solr version 4.5 or greater is required. New customers without a previous Acquia Search subscription receive this version. Previous customers with indexes using Solr 3.5 continue receiving this version. Contact Acquia Support if you need the newer version.
- Ensure you have compatible Solr configuration files. See Search settings for more information.
- This procedure requires that you already have Composer to properly manage the autoloader and other files.
After ensuring that you have met the previously described comments, install the current release of the Acquia Connector module, which includes the Acquia Search module, and then install the specified releases of the Search API Solr and Search API modules.
- Drupal 7
Install the current release of the Acquia Connector module, which includes the Acquia Search module. For more information, see About the Acquia Connector. Although it is possible to use the Search API and Search API Solr Search modules, they are not recommended for use with Drupal 7.
Configuring the Solr index to match your website’s modules
When you update the Apache Solr Search Integration module to a later version, you must register the update in the Acquia Search page of the Acquia user interface. Click the gear icon, select the new version of the Apache Solr Search Integration, and then click Save.
The following modules are necessary for important use cases with Acquia Search:
- Facet API - Enables faceted search interfaces, so users can filter their search results.
- Solr Devel (Drupal 7 only) - Enables easier debugging of Solr indexing, searching, and ranking.
- Apache Solr Attachments - Required to include file attachments in your search index.
- Apache Solr Multisite Search - Required to enable multiple websites to connect to a single search index and provide a unified search across all of the websites. This also supports searches that span Drupal 7 websites.
Other search modules
- Drupal 8
There are several search modules that do not have a stable Drupal 8 version. The best place to track the development status of these and other modules is the Drupal 8 Contrib Tracker.
- Drupal 7
- Facetapi Slider - Provides an additional display widget for faceted search.
- Apachesolr Commerce - Supports indexing for commerce entities.
- Apachesolr User - Supports indexing for user entities.
- Apachesolr Term - Supports indexing for taxonomy terms.
- Acquia Search Multiple Indexes - Enables switching between Acquia Search cores, either manually or automatically. See Using multiple search cores.