Acquia Search is based on Apache Solr 3.5, running on Acquia's hosting platform. There are several Drupal modules that integrate with Acquia Search, some of which are required, some of which are recommended, and some of which are helpful for different use cases.
To use Acquia Search with your Drupal website, you need to download, install, and enable the following modules based on your installed version of Drupal:
|Module||Drupal 8||Drupal 7||Drupal 6|
|Search API 8.x-1.0-alpha14|
|Search API Solr 8.x-1.0-alpha3|
|Apache Solr Search Integration|
Installing required modules
To install the Acquia Search module, follow the procedure for your version of Drupal.
- Drupal 8 - Install the current release of the Acquia Connector module, which includes the Acquia Search module, and then install the appropriate release of the Search API Solr module.
- Drupal 7 - Install the current release of the Acquia Connector module, which includes the Acquia Search module. For more information, see About the Acquia Connector.
- Drupal 6 - Download and install the Acquia Search module. You will also need to install the current release of the Acquia Connector module.
Configuring the Solr index to match your website’s modules
When you update the Apache Solr Search Integration module to a later version, you must register the update in the Acquia Search page of the Acquia UI. Click the gear icon and select the new version of the Apache Solr Search Integration, then click Save.
The following modules are necessary for important use cases with Acquia Search:
- Facet API - Enables faceted search interfaces, so users can filter their search results.
- Solr Devel (Drupal 7 only) - Enables easier debugging of Solr indexing, searching, and ranking.
- Apache Solr Attachments - Required to include file attachments in your search index.
- Apache Solr Multisite Search - Required to enable multiple websites to connect to a single search index and provide a unified search across all of the websites. This also supports searches that span both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 websites.
Other search modules
- Drupal 8
There are several search modules that do not have a stable Drupal 8 version. The best place to track the development status of these and other modules is the Drupal 8 Contrib Tracker.
- Drupal 6 and 7
- Facetapi Slider - Provides an additional display widget for faceted search.
- Apachesolr Commerce - Supports indexing for commerce entities.
- Apachesolr User - Supports indexing for user entities.
- Apachesolr Term - Supports indexing for taxonomy terms.
- Acquia Search Multiple Indexes - Enables switching between Acquia Search cores, either manually or automatically. See Using multiple search cores.