Use the following information to help you use Apache Subversion (SVN) to manage your Acquia Cloud code repository.
Acquia Cloud requires TLS v1.1 or greater for SSL to connect with an Acquia Cloud code repository. Although SVN version 1.8 or greater may include TLS v1.1 (allowing connectivity to your repository), earlier versions generally used TLS v1.0, which is not supported by Acquia Cloud.
You can determine which version of SVN that you are using with this command:
svn --version --quiet
For more information, see Apache Subversion Binary Packages on the Apache Subversion website.
Downloading an SVN client
In a browser, go to the Apache Subversion website to download SVN, view the installation instructions, and find links to GUI tools.
Creating an SVN account
After you download SVN, create an SVN account on Acquia Cloud. To do this, complete the following steps:
- On the Cloud page, click the arrow next to SVN URL, and then click Add SVN user.
- The Cloud > Users and keys page opens. Scroll down to the SVN users section and click Add SVN user.
- Enter an SVN username. Usernames must contain only letters and numbers.
- Enter and confirm the password.
- To save your changes, click Add user.
Finding help for SVN
For information about how to use SVN, see:
- SVN documentation
- Resources for learning SVN, an Acquia https://docs.acquia.com/ article with a list of valuable tutorials and references