Using Subversion (SVN)
Note: Acquia does not provide support for third-party version control management tools.
Use the following information to help you use SVN to manage your Acquia Cloud code repository.
Downloading an SVN client
In a browser, go to the Subversion website to download SVN, view the installation instructions, and find links to GUI tools.
Creating an SVN account
After you download SVN, create an SVN account on Acquia Cloud. To do this, complete the following steps:
- On the Cloud page, click the arrow next to SVN URL and select Add SVN user.
- The Cloud > Users and keys page opens. Scroll down to the SVN users section and click Add SVN user.
- Enter an SVN username. Usernames must contain only letters and numbers.
- Enter and confirm the password.
- To save your changes, click Add user.
Finding help for SVN
For information about how to use SVN, see:
- the SVN documentation.
- Resources for learning SVN, an Acquia Knowledge Base article with a list of valuable tutorials and references.