If you have a paid Acquia Cloud Professional subscription, you can create a new website in your subscription. You must be a subscription group administrator or primary contact in order to create a new website using the Acquia user interface. You can also create an Acquia Cloud Free subscription at any time.
If you have an Acquia Cloud Enterprise subscription, contact Acquia Support to create a new website.
The number of websites that you can create in your subscription depends on your subscription level. For more information, see Acquia Cloud Pricing.
To create a new website, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to Acquia, click Sites, and then click the Add site button.
- Select Add a new site to an existing eligible subscription and select the subscription the new website should belong to. As an alternative, you can create a new paid or free Acquia Cloud subscription.
- Enter the Site name for your new website.
The site name that you choose will be your website's UNIX username and code repository name. Site names must meet these requirements:
- Consist of at least four, but no more than 21, characters
- Consist only of lower-case, alphanumeric (a-z, 0-9) characters — special characters are not supported
- The first character must be alphabetic (a-z) and cannot be numeric
- Click Add.
Acquia Cloud creates the website. All of your website's environments initially contain a default welcome message. Use any of the following options to create a working Drupal website in the new website:
Don't forget to set up SSH access so you can log in to your server.