You can configure Acquia Dev Desktop using the Settings screen.
To open the Settings screen, select Acquia Dev Desktop > Preferences.
The Settings screen has five tabs:
On the General tab, you can:
- Configure how Acquia Dev Desktop behaves when you start and stop the application.
- Enable verbose mode for logging and progress monitoring text, which can be useful for debugging.
- Acquia Dev Desktop optionally tracks diagnostic and usage data. Uncheck this setting to opt out of sending Acquia data. For more information, see Reporting diagnostic and usage information.
- Remove local sites cloned from Acquia Cloud. This deletes all local websites associated with your Acquia Cloud account, including the local copies of all code, databases, and files. It does not remove any local websites that are not associated with Acquia Cloud, nor does it affect the websites hosted on Acquia Cloud.
It also removes your Acquia Cloud credentials from Acquia Dev Desktop, so you can click Add Acquia Cloud sites and enter credentials for a different Acquia Cloud account.
- Register or generate an SSH key, which is required in order to sync local websites with Acquia Cloud. For more information, see Generating an SSH key.
On the Ports tab, you can change the ports used by the Acquia Dev Desktop Apache server and MySQL server. You can also change the port used for SSH.
On the Config tab, you can:
- Select the default PHP version for sites you create with Acquia Dev Desktop.
- Select the PHP mode used by PHP on Acquia Dev Desktop, either Apache module (mod_php) or Fast CGI (mod_fcgid). Generally, you should leave this set to the default, mod_fcgid. If you set the PHP mode to Apache module (mod_php), you can't change the PHP version on a per-site basis, as described in Working with your sites.
- View and edit the configuration files for the Apache server (
apache/conf/httpd.conf), MySQL server (
mysql/my.conf), and PHP (
On the Logs tab you can view the Drupal logs for each of your local sites. You can also see the Apache server access and errors logs, and the MySQL error and slow query logs for Acquia Dev Desktop.
If your local machine is behind a proxy, you can connect from Acquia Dev Desktop to Acquia Cloud by configuring the Proxy tab.
- Select Enable proxy.
- Enter the host name and port number of your proxy.
- Enter the username and password you use to access your proxy.
- Click OK.