If you already have a Drupal website that's hosted on Acquia Cloud, you can import it into Acquia Dev Desktop so you can develop it locally, then sync your changes back to Acquia Cloud.
Importing from Acquia Cloud
To import a website from Acquia Cloud:
- Click the + button, and then click Add Acquia Cloud sites. If you are starting from the Welcome window shown in Getting started, you will skip this step.
- Enter the email address and password that you use to log in to your Acquia Cloud subscription, and then click Log in.
Acquia Dev Desktop displays all of the websites you can access on Acquia Cloud.
- Select the Acquia Cloud website name and environment, and then click Clone this site locally and use it in Dev Desktop.
The Clone Acquia Cloud Site Locally dialog appears.
- Accept or modify the following values:
- Local site name
- Use PHP
- New database name
- Optionally, clear the Clone Cloud database check box, the Clone Cloud files check box, or both check boxes. If your Acquia Cloud website has a very large database or has many files, it can take a long time to copy the website into your local Acquia Dev Desktop website. By clearing these check boxes, you can avoid this delay if you don't need local copies of the database or files.
- Optionally, select the Sanitize database check box to scrub the database of user emails and passwords. This is a best practice for security, so that your local website never includes real user emails and passwords. For more information, see Sanitizing the database on import.
- Click OK.
- If you have not already done so, enter the location of your Private key file, and then click OK.
Communication with your Acquia Cloud server is protected with a private key. For more information, see Acquia Cloud credentials.
Acquia Dev Desktop then checks your local computer for the location of your version control system (Git).
Acquia Dev Desktop then imports the website from Acquia Cloud into Acquia Dev Desktop. You can now work with the website either locally, in Acquia Dev Desktop, or on the cloud in Acquia Cloud. Read Working with your sites and Working with sites on Acquia Cloud for more information.