If you have an existing Drupal website, you can import its database into a local Acquia Dev Desktop website. You can choose from two different methods:
Import a MySQL database dump file
If you have a MySQL database dump file on your local computer, you can import it when you install a Drupal distribution or start with an existing local website. The dump file can either be in
.sql format or compressed in
- In the Install a Drupal distribution (step 2) or Import local Drupal site dialog box, in the Database list, click Start with MySQL database dump file.
- In the Dump file field, browse for the location where you saved the database dump file on your computer.
- Click Finish.
Import from a MySQL server
You can import a database from another MySQL server if you know its connection information.
- In the Install a Drupal distribution (step 2) dialog box, in the Database list, click Start by importing from another MySQL server.
- Select the Protocol to use when connecting to the MySQL server (either TCP or Socket file).
- In the Host field and the Port field, enter the host name (URL) and port number of the MySQL server, respectively.
- Click Get list to select an existing database from those available on the MySQL server.
- Enter values for the following fields:
- Username - The user's username to connect to the MySQL server
- Password - The user account's password to connect to the MySQL server
- New database name - Your Drupal website's database (in most cases, you can accept the default value, which will match the local website name that you chose)
- Click Finish.