Acquia Journey enables you to create connections, which define the base level of connectivity your project has with external systems. An adaptor uses a connection to do a particular operation, and a single connection may have many adaptors, such as:
- Databases -
- Message queue -
- Social media
- REST API
Create a connection
To create a connection in a project, complete the following actions:
- Go to the Admin page, and then click Projects in the left menu.
- Find your project in the project list, and then click its project name.
- In the project's detail view, click Connections.
- Click Add New Connection to display the Add Connection
- In the Type list, select your desired connection type from following options:
- In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the connection.
- Click Save.
Configure your new connection based on the type of connection you selected.
Testing a connection
To test a connection, click the connection name in the project's connection detail view, and then click Test Connection.
If the connection is successful, Acquia Journey will display a Connection successful message.