Acquia Journey has a Customer Journey Mapper that allows the user to create visual representations of the customer experience, mapping it to the underlying graphs that execute and support the customer journey. Each customer journey can be associated with many graphs and metrics, and can also be saved as templates to be re-used in multiple projects.
In this view, if a node is associated with a certain metric, it can be expanded and brought up to show a graph that depicts how the metric has changed over time, making a visual graph that can be shared with others.
Accessing the Journey Mapper
To access the Journey Mapper for an existing project, perform the following actions:
- Sign in to your Acquia Journey installation.
- Identify the tile for the project whose Journey Map you wish to view.
- At the bottom of the tile, click the Journey Map icon:
In the Journey Mapper view, the nodes are shown on the left and a palette of editing panels on the right:
The palette contains possible journey steps that can be used to describe or represent each of the steps in the customer journey. Journey steps can be customized with color, icons, and styling to meet your project's needs.
Several types of steps are available to help you customize your journey:
- Channels - methods of contact your customers might use, such as SMS, email, live chat, search engines, your website, and ad campaigns
- Social Media - popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
- Sales - sale-related items such as shopper cards and individual transactions
- Miscellaneous items, such as gamification or entries from a database
Journey Mapper icon bar
Several features in the Journey Mapper are included in the icon bar at the top of the page. From left to right:
- Generate image - generates an image of the entire Journey Map with the title, the Acquia Journey logo, a border, and the background in the form of a PNG or PDF
- Hide sidebar - hides the right panel so Journey Mapper view will show just the metrics and the steps
- Show step names - shows the names of each of the steps used in the Journey Mapper view
- Show pinned metrics - displays the graphs of all metrics that have been associated with the steps in the Journey Mapper
- Delete Journey - permanently deletes the journey after an additional confirmation message
When the Show pinned metrics option is selected, items with metrics will display an Expand icon in the bottom-right corner of the icon. Click the Expand icon to view the graph for that icon.