To modify your capture settings, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Profile Manager interface, and then click the Admin tab.
- Click the Manage data collection settings link.
- NONE - Does not collect or store any visitor information
- CAPTUREONLY - Collects visitor information, but does not calculate segments or enable containers
- FULL - Collects visitor information, calculates segments, and enables containers
- To control how long cookies (both first- and third-party cookies) used by the tracking code persist in visitors' browsers, enter values for the following fields:
- Tracking time - Positive integer for the amount of time to keep the tracking cookie (default value: 2)
- Time unit list - Select from the following values:
- years (default)
- In the Maximum Size for Queue Cookie (Bytes) field, enter
4096. If, after you have configured this field, your website experiences performance problems, the queue cookie's maximum size may be too large. The recommended range for optimal website performance is between 4096 and 1024 bytes. For more information about the queue cookie and possible size issues, see the Acquia Lift troubleshooting guide.
- In some cases, your website's visitors will use a shared resource to access your website — for example, an office that shares a single Internet-connected computer. To allow Acquia Lift to identify specific visitors to your website in these situations, in the Shared Machine Identifier list, click the standard or custom identity type that you want to use for your visitor identifier.
When website visitors use a shared computer or resource, Acquia Lift will assign a tracking ID to the visitor that's based on both the identifier provided by the visitor and a unique identifier value.
- If you want to track visitors across different domains, select the Third-Party Cookie Enabled check box. Acquia Lift will attempt to create third-party cookies that are associated with an Acquia server domain.
If you do not select this check box, Acquia Lift will track visitors on your domain's websites by selecting Use base domain to create Lift first-party cookie.
- After you have made all of the required modifications, click Update.