Using reports dashboards in Profile Manager
Custom report authoring allows you to create analytics on-demand using a Business Intelligence (BI) tool in the Profile Manager user interface. Unlike pre-existing reports, custom reports search your website's data warehouse in real-time based on criteria that you specify.
Custom reports include the following features:
- Dimensions - Groups or buckets of data, such as an Event Name
- Measures - Information about that bucket of data, such as Event Count for a total number of events
- Filters - Conditions to limit the data returned in the search, such as Events from the past 30 days
- Visualizations - Charts or graphs with a visual representation of your search
For a video walkthrough of custom reporting functionality from Acquia's engineering team, see Acquia Lift: Custom report authoring on YouTube.
Managing permissions for custom reports
To enable access for a member of your team, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to the Profile Manager interface with an account with Administrator permissions.
- In the top menu, click Admin.
- Click the Manage Permissions link on the left side of the page
- Click the name of the security group you wish to grant access to the custom report functionality
- Scroll down to the Linked Security Resources section.
- Click the Select a resource select box, and then select the appropriate permissions:
- Analytics tab - Provides access to reports
- Explore Data - Allows for report creation
- Author reports - Allows for reports to be saved
- Click Add.
- Click Save to save your changes.
For additional information about updating and managing permissions in Acquia Lift, see Managing permissions in Profile Manager
After ensuring you have access to the custom reporting feature, explore the following pages to build, modify, and maintain your custom reports: