As an optional security measure, you can configure your Acquia subscription so that only specified IP addresses on a whitelist can access it.
By default, users who have access to your Acquia subscription, by being a member of a team assigned to a site, can sign in to Acquia and access your subscription from any IP address. Their access is controlled using a user name and password, the roles and permissions assigned to them, and optionally, two-step verification. For an additional layer of security, you can prohibit users from signing in to your Acquia subscription unless they do so from one of the IP addresses you specify when you configure your Acquia subscription. This feature is called IP address whitelisting.
Enabling IP address whitelisting
Only users who are subscription group administrators can enable or disable IP address whitelisting for your subscription. To enable IP address whitelisting:
- Sign in to Acquia and click the Subscriptions tab.
- Select the subscription you want to configure.
- Click the Security tab for your subscription.
- Click the Edit link next to Security settings.
- Select Only allow whitelisted IPs and enter the IP addresses that you want to allow to access your Acquia subscription. Click Add another to add additional IP addresses.
- Click Save.
If you need to whitelist Acquia’s IP addresses for your websites or services, contact Acquia Support to obtain the necessary IP address ranges.
Note that Acquia employees with the proper permissions (such as members of the Acquia Support and Operations teams) will still be able to access your Acquia subscription.