The Drupal Gardens service was updated on Jan. 30th with the following new features and enhancements:
- Moderate content submitted to your site
While site visitors can create valuable and creative content, you may need to prevent inappropriate or licensed user-generated content from being posted on your site. Using the content moderation feature, site maintainers can view the content and media posted by site members, and publish (or block) that content for other site visitors. To learn more, see Moderating site content.
- Upload media using email
You can set up your site so members who have permission can email media content such as photos and videos to your site. This enables you to provide frequently updated content, making it more interesting for your visitors, providing more value, and generating increased engagement with them. If a user is allowed to send content, they are assigned a unique email address, and any photo attachments or video embed URLS they send will be posted to the site. To learn more, see Uploading content using email.
- Users can sign up and log in to your site with their social network
Social login integrates the Janrain Engage Social Signin service with Drupal Gardens websites. Users can use it to register on and sign in to your Drupal Gardens website using their accounts on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. To learn more, see Social login.
- Fixed the following issues:
- The CSS selector was identified for updating the background color. (DG-2485)
- If a user edited a video embed and chose to replace the current video with a new embed, the UI displayed incorrectly. (DG-2482)
- On the blog page, the page_title variable appears was not populated. (DG-2398)
The Drupal Gardens release notes include additional features and bug fixes for this release.