Acquia Dev Desktop was updated on November 7, 2012 with the following new features and enhancements.
- Acquia Dev Desktop now includes PHP 5.4, as well as PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.2. You can select the version of PHP to use in the Acquia Drupal Control Panel Settings > Config tab. For information, see Control Panel settings. This enables you to import and run a Drupal 8 website. Please download it from drupal.org.
- Updated Apache to version 2.2.23.
- Updated MySQL to version 5.1.66.
- Updated phpMyAdmin to version 3.5.3.
- Acquia Dev Desktop supports Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
Known issue on Windows (IN-582)
Resolved in the 1.2.47 /7.18.17 release
Installing Acquia Dev Desktop or opening the Control Panel on Windows may cause a PHP error to display. The error may state that "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing", or "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\acquia-drupal\php5_3\ext\php_pdo_sqlsrv_53_ts.dll' - The specified module could not found."
Workaround. If you see this error, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft, then install Acquia Dev Desktop.