Acquia Dev Desktop contains the following new features, updates, and fixes:
- Generate SSH key pairs
In order to sync a local website with Acquia Cloud, you need to register an SSH key in your Acquia user profile. If you don't already have one, you can now generate a public/private key pair using Acquia Dev Desktop. Learn more.
- Connect using a proxy
You can now configure Acquia Dev Desktop to connect to your Acquia Cloud subscription through a proxy. Learn more.
- PHP 7 support
Acquia Dev Desktop now includes PHP 7. This version of PHP provides substantial performance benefits, especially for Drupal 8. Note, however, that PHP 7 does not include many PHP extensions that are included with the PHP 5 versions, because they are not available yet.
- Apache has been upgraded to version 2.4.16.
- MySQL (Percona Server has been upgraded to version 5.5.44-37.3.
- PHP has been upgraded to versions 5.5.30 and 5.6.14.
- phpMyAdmin has been upgraded to version 4.4.14.
- Drush has been upgraded to version 8.0.0 rc1.
- In some circumstances, when syncing databases for a multisite installation, the wrong database was updated. (IN-2069)
- When you install Drupal 8, the installer skips the Set up database phase, since Acquia Dev Desktop provides the database credentials. (IN-2117)
patch.exeto the Windows version of Acquia Dev Desktop, so that
drush makenow works. (IN-2123)
- Added support for JPEG in the imagick library. (IN-2135)
- An issue with git checkout could cause errors in cloning sites. (IN-2150)
- In some circumstances, Acquia Dev Desktop could crash when the OS wakes up from sleep mode. (IN-2185)
- An error occurred when making a local clone of a site that has a tag deployed. (IN-2199)
- Importing a site with very long file names on Windows could cause Acquia Dev Desktop to crash. (IN-2215)