Setting up single sign-on (SSO) for Drupal 8 websites hosted on Acquia Cloud Site Factory enables users to sign in those websites by using the actions menu in the Site Factory Management Console.
Using SSO requires that you have a SAML service provider. Although you can use any SAML service provider that works with your Drupal 8 codebase, Acquia Cloud Site Factory directly supports the use of the SAML Authentication module (version 8.x-2.x).
Installing the module
Complete the following steps to use the SAML Authentication module with SSO:
- Download and add the following modules to your Drupal 8 codebase:
- Add the modules from the previous step to your installation profile, along with the acsf_sso module, which is included with the Acquia Cloud Site Factory Connector module.
- Commit your changes back to your repository. Learn more about developing your codebase.
You can now use single sign-on with your Acquia Cloud Site Factory-hosted websites.
SimpleSAMLphp and Acquia Cloud Site Factory
Implementing single sign-on with the simpleSAMLphp Authentication module for use with the acsf_sso module (included with the Acquia Cloud Site Factory Connector module), requires an Acquia Professional Services engagement.
During your Professional Services engagement, after Acquia provides you with the Service Provider (SP) data, you will perform the following actions:
- Install the Service Provider (SP) metadata with your Identity Provider (IdP).
- Collaborate with Acquia regarding the testing of your SimpleSAMLphp configuration.
- Ensure that Acquia has access to and knowledge of your IdP.
- Own your website's custom code.
- Alter the
config.phpfile to use
/mnt/gfs/mydocroot.env/files-private/sites.jsoninstead of the default
- Test any custom workflows not provided by the simpleSAMLphp Authentication module and the SimpleSAMLphp library.
- Own the testing and validation of all Drupal configurations and workflows that integrate with simpleSAMLphp Authentication module functionality.
- Configure and activate the simpleSAMLphp Authenticationmodule for your website.