Whether you have an existing set of Acquia Cloud Site Factory websites or you're creating your first website, use the procedures on this page to create new websites and the groups that you can use to organize your websites.
Creating new websites
To create a new Acquia Cloud Site Factory website:
- Sign in to Acquia Cloud Site Factory using a user account with either the platform admin or site builder role.
- Click on the group in which you want to create your new website.
- Click Create a new site.
- In the Site URL field, enter a name for the website, which will become part of its internal URL.
Because of this, the Site URL has the following naming requirements:
- Can contain only alphanumeric characters — no special characters
- Can be up 30 characters, with a minimum size of one character
- Cannot share a name with any other website or site collection in the Factory interface
- If you have more than one Site Factory Stack, in the Available stacks table, select the Stack in which you want to create your new website.
- If you have more than one installation profile in your codebase, in the Select an installation profile table, select the installation profile that you want to use for your new website.
- Click Create site.
Acquia Cloud Site Factory creates your new website in a location that depends on the Site Factory Management Console page that you're currently viewing:
- Group detail page - Creates a website that belongs to the group you were viewing when you clicked Create a new site.
- Site collection page - Creates a website that is a secondary site in the site collection that you were viewing. For information about site collections, see Site collections.
Creating groups and sub-groups
To create a new group or sub-group:
- On the All my sites or All my groups page's action button, click New group (or New sub-group if you're creating a sub-group in an existing group or sub-group).
- Enter a Title for the new group.
- Select the Parent group for the group or sub-group that you're creating.
The Parent list displays all of the groups and sub-groups to which you have access. If you have the platform admin role, you can also create the group at the top level, with no parent group.
- Click Create group (or Create sub-group if you're creating a sub-group in a group).
After Acquia Cloud Site Factory creates your new group or sub-group, it displays the new group's detail page.
Use this page to view the sites, site collections, and sub-groups contained by the group, as well as its group members. For more information about configuring user access to groups (including the sites and site collections they contain), see Managing site group users.
Editing and deleting groups
For information about managing your existing groups, including editing their information or deleting them from the management interface, see Managing site groups.