Two-factor authentication (sometimes called two-step verification) is more secure than password authentication alone. With two-factor authentication enabled, a user signing in to either the Site Factory Management Console or any of your websites that use OpenID accounts must supply not just an email address and password, but also a code sent to a trusted device using an authentication application.
Setting up two-factor authentication
After two-factor authentication is required for accounts, if you have not yet configured two-factor authentication for your own account, you will be required to do so the next time you sign in.
To set up two-factor authentication for your account, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to either the Site Factory Management Console or your website account that uses an OpenID account.
If required, Acquia Cloud Site Factory will display a webpage that indicates that you must configure your two-factor authentication settings.
- In the TFA application section, click the Set up mobile application for code generation link.
- In the Current password field, re-enter your current account password, and then click Confirm.
- Either install or open one of the following applications on your mobile device:
- Use either the Acquia Cloud Site Factory text code or the displayed QR code to add your Acquia Cloud Site Factory account to your application.
- In the Application verification code field, enter the code that is generated by the application, and then click Verify and save.
- If you can be sure that you are the only user who is signing in to your account from your computer, you can mark the current browser as trusted and not require two-factor authentication from that specific browser for 30 days. Depending on your requirements, either select or clear the Trust this browser? check box.
- If you selected the Trust this browser? check box, in the Name this browser field, enter a descriptive name for the browser (or accept the default value).
- Click Save.
- Occasionally, it is possible that you need to sign in to your account, but you do not have your mobile device. In these cases, you can enter an unused recovery account to provide access instead of the code from the mobile device application.
To add recovery codes to your account, click Save. To complete the two-factor authentication setup process without adding recovery codes, click Skip.
Two-factor authentication is now set up for your account on Acquia Cloud Site Factory. Unless you have marked your browser as trusted, each time you sign in to your account, you will be prompted for your authentication code along with your account name and password.