In this lesson, we will install the Acquia CD pipelines client to your local machine in order to execute CD pipelines commands. This tool is an essential part of developing, testing, and deploying applications on Acquia Cloud.
In order to complete this lesson you will need:
- A web browser access to an Acquia Cloud Subscription
- An Acquia Subscription user account with the “Execute CD pipelines” permission
- A *NIX terminal on your local machine
In this lesson we will:
- Download and install the CD pipelines client
- Configure the CD pipelines client (authenticate with Acquia Cloud)
- Execute a CD pipelines command to ensure that the installation was successful
1. Download and install the CD pipelines client
At a terminal command prompt, execute the following commands:
curl -o pipelines https://cloud.acquia.com/pipeline-client/download chmod a+x pipelines
Test the downloaded client by executing:
Note: We recommend that the
pipelines file move to a directory in your local machine’s $PATH. For instance, on MacOS move the pipelines file to
/usr/local/bin is in
pipelines here will allow
pipelines to run on the command line and automatically find the correct file.
mv pipelines /usr/local/bin/pipelines
2. Configure the CD pipelines client
Please see the step-by-step instructions for CD pipelines authentication.
3. Execute a pipelines command
You may now run
pipelines list to view a list of available CD pipelines commands.