If you have a paid Acquia Cloud Professional subscription, you can create a new application in your subscription. You must be an Owner or Administrator to create a new application using the Acquia Cloud interface. You can also create an Acquia Cloud Free subscription at any time.
If you have an Acquia Cloud Enterprise subscription, contact Acquia Support to create a new application.
The number of applications that you can create in your subscription depends on your subscription level. For more information, see Acquia Cloud Pricing.
To create a new application, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Acquia Cloud interface.
- On the Applications page, click Add Application.
The Add Application page opens.
- Select Add a new application to an existing eligible subscription and select the subscription the new application should belong to. As an alternative, you can create a new paid or free Acquia Cloud subscription.
- Enter the Application name for your new application.
The application name that you choose will be your application's UNIX username and code repository name. Application names must meet these requirements:
- Consist of at least four, but no more than 21, characters
- Consist only of lower-case, alphanumeric (a-z, 0-9) characters — special characters are not supported
- The first character must be alphabetic (a-z) and cannot be numeric
- Click Add.
Acquia Cloud creates the application. All of your application's environments initially contain a default welcome message. Use one of the following options to create a working Drupal application:
Don't forget to set up SSH access so you can log in to your server using the command line.